- Anaiah Press for a guest post on 12/8
- Abraham Kane for an author interview on 12/9
- MeLeesa Swann for an author interview on 12/10
- Blue Attitude for a guest post on 12/11
- Lisa Dunn: Waiting for a Name for a guest post on 12/14
- Kick Start Your Heart Romance for a guest post on 12/16
- Vincentmorrone.com for guest post on 12/18
- Living the Dream for a blurb/promo 12/21
FORTITUDE is a young adult historical novel.
Growing up with a Creole best friend, sixteen-year-old Claire O’Farrell held little regard for the Jim Crow laws and the consequences of befriending those of a different color. But once she leaves the haven of her home on Dauphin Island, the reality of racial intolerance can no longer be ignored. Though she’s underage, Claire makes the bold decision to serve alongside Loretta, her best friend, in the “colored camp” hospital tents during the Spanish-American War, but her idealistic attitude and choice of working location immediately puts her in danger. Claire gives her heart to a soldier in the camp, only to find herself caught in the racial violence besieging the area. When the intolerant attitudes and stigma follow her home, she clings to her faith to navigate through her social isolation and find the path she was meant to travel.
Carrie Dalby’s Bio
Born and raised in California, but a resident of Mobile, Alabama since1996, Carrie Dalby is a homeschooling mom with a love of literature for young adults and children. Some of Carrie’s favorite volunteer hours are with Mobile Writers Guild, SCBWI, and Metro Mobile Reading Council’s Young Author workshops.