Have you ever wanted to work in publishing? Well, now’s your chance!
Anaiah Press is looking for a few good freelance proofreaders.
Read electronic copies (in PDF format) of finished manuscripts to look for and note any errors such as missing words, duplicate words, typos, misspellings, missing / incorrect comma placement, missing / incorrect punctuation, inconsistencies, and/or any issues with formatting. All positions have room for advancement.
** Please note this a freelance position, and all applicants will be considered independent contractors.
Applicants Must Have:
- A love of reading.
- Good time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong grasp of basic grammar, sentence structure, etc., and attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Office software (Word, Adobe PDF files).
- A professional attitude and online presence.
- Strong, pleasant, professional communication skills.
** Prior proofreading, editing, or publishing experience isn’t required, but it is preferred.
How To Apply:
Please email a letter of interest along with a resume to Kara Leigh Miller at: KaraLeigh(dot)Miller(at)AnaiahPress(dot)com
All applicants will need to complete a short proofreading test.
Deadline to apply is SEPTEMBER 30, 2017