Anaiah Press is looking for freelance Content Editors!
Work directly with authors to perform developmental and content-level edits (according to CMoS, Merriam-Webster, and house style guides) to address big picture issues such as plot, pacing, characterization, point-of-view, continuity, and acceptable content, etc. Editor will complete several rounds of edits, with the number of rounds depending on changes made by the author. Editor will also have the ability to request and assess submissions at-will and recommend manuscripts for acquisition by Anaiah Press.
** Please note this a freelance position, and all applicants will be considered independent contractors.
Applicants Must Have:
- Firm knowledge of Christian fiction.
- Ability to meet or exceed editing deadlines to maintain publishing schedule.
- A strong grasp of story structure (plot, pacing, characterization, etc.) and attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word (or a compatible word processing software) and fluent with Track Changes.
- A professional attitude and online presence.
- Strong, pleasant, professional communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and follow established processes.
How To Apply:
Please email a letter of interest along with a resume to Kara Leigh Miller at: KaraLeigh(dot)Miller(at)AnaiahPress(dot)com
All applicants will need to complete a comprehensive editing test.
Deadline to apply is NOVEMBER 27, 2017