We are pleased to introduce our newest Senior Editor, Lisa Dunn!
Lisa lives in small town South Carolina with her husband, four beautiful children, and a big baby of a rescued boxer/lab. When she isn’t hip-deep in homeschooling, she writes YA novels. Some of her all-time favorite authors are John Knowles, Daphne DuMaurier, the Brontes, and Lloyd Alexander, who is, in her estimation, the only Lloyd that matters. (No offense if your name happens to be Lloyd). In addition to her cherished classics, Lisa reads mostly YA Fantasy and Contemporary, with a soft spot for stories that face the painful parts of life and death with raw honesty. She’s always looking for the heart of the story, that beautiful something that holds the whole manuscript together and makes a story matter, and admits to experiencing a small rush at the prospect of editing pretty much anything.
Follow Lisa on Twitter!
LISA IS NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Lisa will be working exclusively in our Surge Imprint, which means she will be acquiring and editing only Young Adult and New Adult.
- Allegory or Retellings with twists or fresh perspectives
- Stories that fill the gap between Christian and mainstream, in which biblical truth is gift to be unwrapped rather than neon sign
- Flawed characters who wrestle with God and walk away with a limp
- Stories that explore the complexity of relationships (siblings, friends, rivals, even enemies)
- Stories that dig to the heart of what it is to be human
- Bittersweet endings (i.e. Happy with a touch of sadness because something was lost on the way)
Send a query letter and the first 10 pages of the manuscript pasted into the body of an email to: Lisa(dot)Dunn(at)AnaiahPress(dot)com
Please remember: Anaiah Press is a Christian fiction publisher and as such, all submissions must contain Christian themes and/or elements.