That’s right! Anaiah is once again looking for freelance content editors! We’re growing by leaps and bounds, and we couldn’t be more excited, and now we need to expand our team.
- Content Editor for our Romance Imprint
- Content Editor for our Adventures Imprint (Early readers, chapter books, and middle grade. No picture books.)
Work directly with authors to perform developmental and content-level edits (according to CMoS, Merriam-Webster, and house style guides) to address big picture issues such as plot, pacing, characterization, point-of-view, continuity, and acceptable content, etc. Editor will complete several rounds of edits, with the number of rounds depending on changes made by the author. Editor will also have the ability to request and assess submissions at-will and recommend manuscripts for acquisition by Anaiah Press.
** Please note this a freelance position, and all applicants will be considered independent contractors.
Applicants Must Have:
- Firm knowledge of Christian fiction.
- Ability to meet or exceed editing deadlines to maintain publishing schedule.
- A strong grasp of story structure (plot, pacing, characterization, etc.) and attention to detail.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word (or a compatible word processing software) and fluent with Track Changes.
- A professional attitude and online presence.
- Strong, pleasant, professional communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and follow established processes.
How To Apply:
Please email a letter of interest, clearly stating which imprint you’re interested in working with, along with a resume to Kara Leigh Miller at: KaraLeigh(dot)Miller(at)AnaiahPress(dot)com.
All applicants will need to complete a comprehensive editing test.
Deadline to apply is APRIL 24, 2018!