- Tell us a bit about yourself. Include a couple of facts that not a lot of people know about you. When I’m not tapping away at my keyboard, I teach French at an all-girls school in Northwest Ohio. I am the wife of the greatest guy I’ve ever met, and the mom of three sweet kids and one moody cat. Chocolate and long runs keep me sane. Books keep me [very happily] up at night.
- Tell us a bit about the book that will be published by Anaiah Press. A young woman named Maizey is looking for a fresh start in life. Her fiancé dumped her, saddling her with a tree farm in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. That’s when her biggest business rival, the handsome Jax Lawson, bursts into her life…and her heart. Only trouble is, Maizey isn’t sure if he’s after her love, or her farm. But when a series of threats make Maizey fear for her life, it’s her rival who runs to her rescue. Maizey’s just not sure if she can trust him.
- When and why did you start writing? I think I’ve been writing my whole life. I used to pen little stories even as a kid. I started writing seriously, though, when I was twenty-four years old. I guess once I was no longer saddled with college term papers, my love for writing returned! As for why I write, I think the answer is simple: because I just can’t help myself. Creating a whole new world is just too much fun to resist. And if I can, through my stories, spread a message of hope and trust in God, I feel like my passion serves a greater purpose.
- Is this your first book? How many have you written? How many have you published? I wrote my first manuscript when I was twenty-five, and it never found a home. I then self-published a three-book series, which was great fun. Nothing Ventured is the fifth book I’ve written, and the first to be traditionally published. *grinning from ear to ear
- Tell us a bit about your journey to publication. I connected with Kara Leigh Miller at Anaiah Press during a Twitter pitch party. The road to publication is long and rocky for most writers, and I am no exception. I once heard that the difference between an aspiring writer and a published writer is that the latter never gave up. Thankfully, I am stubborn! I am so thrilled to find a home for Nothing Ventured here at Anaiah.
- What are some of your favorite books / authors? I am a huge fan of Denise Hunter and Colleen Coble. I also can’t resist a good gothic romance from Melanie Dickerson.
- What are some of your favorite movies / TV shows? I have to be honest here and say I don’t watch any TV at all. Teaching full time and raising three kiddos doesn’t leave much time for the tube, especially if I want some writing time. I did always spare one hour a week for Downton Abbey while it was running, though.
- Where do you find inspiration for your books? All around me, though I know that sounds vague. Someone I meet, a song I hear, people I observe in a cafe, a snippet in the newspaper, a dream. Literally, anywhere and everywhere. I can never manage to turn off my writer brain, so I carry a little notebook and pen with me in my purse.
- Describe your perfect day of relaxation. Reading, of course! If possible, on a warm, sunny beach.
- Where can readers learn more about you?
WEBSITE/ BLOG https://jarnold793.wixsite.com/website
One thought on “Introducing our newest romantic suspense author … Julie Arnold!”