For the past two years, we’ve put out a call for Christmas stories, and we’ve had so much fun with them. We’ve signed some fantastic stories by some really talented authors. So, we’re expanding into a whole new season. That’s right — we’re on the hunt for some quick, fun beach reads!
* Adult or young adult stories where ROMANCE is the central plot.
* The setting must include some type of water: a beach / pool / lake / ocean / water park, etc.
* Contemporary stories only, please.
* Word count must be between 25,000 to 60,000 words. Remember: the story needs to be just the right length to read while sitting on the beach.
* Absolutely no sex, cursing, and/or gratuitous violence.
* There must be a positive Christian faith element present within the story.
HOW to SUBMIT:
* Send a query letter and the first 10 pages PASTED into the body of an email. Please note that we do not open unsolicited attachments, so if you send your query letter and/or sample pages as an attachment, it will be deleted unread.
* Address all submissions to: Kara Leigh Miller, Karaleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org
* In the subject line, please include: BEACH READ__Book Title__Author Name.
DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY 1, 2020!
Got questions? Need clarification on anything? Please leave it in the comments!