Anaiah Press, LLC is a digital-first publisher of faith-based fiction and nonfiction books for all ages. Anaiah Press’s mission is to share the message of God’s love by publishing quality, Christian fiction and nonfiction books that inspire, entertain, and educate readers of all ages.
The publicist position is an independent contractor position that reports to the Director of Sales and Distribution. This is a part-time, remote position. The publicist’s purpose is to grow the platforms of Anaiah Press authors and ensure that author brands match the Anaiah Press vision. The publicist is also responsible for drafting media-facing materials and press kits, coaching authors on self-promotion topics, and assisting authors in executing book promotion plans. The successful candidate should be a motivated self-starter with in-depth knowledge of the Christian market and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- media relations, including the distribution of press kits and/or interest stories to media outlets
- the creation of robust/comprehensive media kits
- the collaborative execution of in-house marketing plans
- scheduling media appearances, blogger interviews, guest posts, etc. on behalf of authors
- coaching authors on topics such as social media, book promotion, talking points, and reader engagement
- acting as author liaison to the Sales and Marketing Departments, including assisting with curation and distribution of an author resource document for the purpose of encouraging authors toward proactive self-promotion
- maintaining up-to-date documentation, checklists, and schedules
- keeping abreast of market trends and making recommendations to Directors regarding book positioning within the market
- providing a weekly status update to Directors
To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to Eden Plantz at: firstname.lastname@example.org